Companies of all sizes consider the employees who work for them to be their most valuable asset. They are aware of the contribution their employees make to expand the success of their businesses. Many of them might have a stringent recruitment process in place to hire the right candidates. However, company managers still prefer to upgrade the skills and technical knowledge of their existing employees as and when this need arises. Only then can companies see a significant improvement in their businesses’ productivity and internal efficiency. The evolution of computers and the Internet is changing the way companies conduct training sessions. Today, they use a variety of e-learning platforms to boost employee development and productivity.
What is virtual training, and how does it boost employees’ productivity?
Companies often experience a disruption in their business’ workflow whenever their employees go on training sessions. They have to grant them leave from their current responsibilities to learn new skills, technical knowledge, and latest industry techniques. Generally, the training sessions are not held within the companies’ premises but at some other location.As a result, companies notice a loss in productivity and revenue during this phase.On top of this, they have to spend a lot of money to appoint the right instructors to conduct training sessions. Most companies, especially small organizations, have an unclear idea of what is virtual training and how it can boost employee development.
Benefits of virtual training to boost employee productivity
Virtual training is a learning session where the instructors demonstrate better production techniques to employees in a simulated environment. Generally, instructors and employees are not always in the same location. They interact with each other via the Internet or through online video conferencing tools. The benefits of using a virtual training platform to boost employee productivity and development are as follows:
- Virtual training provides employees with a flexible schedule to learn at their own pace and convenience,
- Companies find virtual training platforms to allow employees to learn new skills without compromising on their workplace responsibilities,
- Employees can attend the virtual training sessions at any time of day and from any location, and
- Virtual training is comparatively cheaper for companies than holding traditional classroom lectures with a guest instructor.
How to formulate a practical learning strategy for employee training?
Companies should consider the following factors when formulating a suitable virtual learning strategy for employee training:
- Identify the core skills, technical knowledge and industry practice their employees need to learn,
- Analyze the inherent abilities and potential of employees who are going to attend the training session,
- Ensure the online content contains adequate information to achieve training objectives and is user-friendly,
- Encourage employees to ask their instructor thought-provoking queries during online discussions, and
- Encourage group collaboration and debates among employees during training sessions on social media.
Small companies need to have a clear idea of what is virtual training and how it can boost employee productivity. It refers to the use of the Internet and online video conferencing tools to teach employees new skills, techniques, and industry practices. As a result, they can learn at their own pace from any location. Moreover, they can do so without having to compromise on their workplace responsibilities and time.